Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day 09: With a Little Shout-Out to Day 08

Hello!

Day 08 was not too shabby. For lunch I made my Lovely and I tuna cakes...yum-o!

Here ya go:

Preheat a pan with a little oil/cooking spray/butter whateva's clever.

2 cans of tuna in water, drained (ew, please don't skimp on the drain)
1 egg
Season to taste with whatever you like..I did some tomato basil dried onion thingie
Healthy amount of breadcrumbs (beware of seasoned if you are heavy handed with the season to taste part)

If you put the right amount of crumbs, 1/2 rule..you should be able to shape the tuna into patties.

Place them in the pan, you should be on medium flame. I don't think you need more instructions, you must know where this is going...cook them, ala burger style, browning each side to your liking.

They go good with everything, every meal. This recipe will yield eight. Mmmmm bonus yum-o points if you squeeze a little fresh lemon.

For dinner we went to Perkin's. Perkin's is a diner that bakes their own pastries.

DANGER. DANGER. DANGER. DANGER.

We waited a while for dinner. So when we got to Perkin's, we were really hungry.

ORANGE ALERT. ORANGE ALERT. ORANGE ALERT. ORANGE ALERT.

I chose the spicy mango glazed tilapia. It was served on top of herb rice with steamed asparagus and spinach on the side. Those are sides that I chose. Woot! Woot!

We all decided on two appetizers.

NOW HERE IS THE FUNNY PART.

Mozzerella sticks and onion rings. Yeah I said it. Wait, let me clear my throat.

FRIED CHEESE AND FRIED ONIONS.

So.

Dinner was fabulous. If you recall the DANGER warning prior, than you recall the dessert. How the heck are we to go to Perkin's and not patronize their desserts? Insulting. We were actually full, but we didn't want to insult our flustered waitress, Lesa, so we ordered two slices to go. Something with chocolate and something with bananas.

Chocolate is made from plants, which means it contains many of the health benefits of dark vegetables. These benefits are from flavonoids, which act as antioxidants. <---those two sentences, starting with the word "chocolate" came straight from About.com. Bananas are loaded with potassium. Good fer ya, kiddies.

After dinner, I played adult games with adult people and we ate the pie slices while we watched George Lopez and dozed off. The pie slices were filling, oh and so was that one brownie, but what really sent us to sleep were the Malibu and pineapple drinks. Correction: sent me to bed, not them. Night owls were a hoot. lol. See...laugh together.

This morning we had Dunkin Donuts. I had, because this blog is about ME, an everything bagel with cream cheese and an extra large coffee.

We didn't have lunch, unless you count the large fries we shared. That can't be considered lunch.

We are having dinner now. REAL LIFE RIGHT NOW! I am balancing on my lap, as I blog, tilapia, peas and brown rice. See? You didn't know I was a stunt blogger.


I love me for losing, I'm on my way!

4(40)0

No comments:

Post a Comment