Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 28: Thank God Tomorrow is Monday

Hello...

I always feel a little excited about Mondays. In every dieter's mind, that is the new beginning. Yaaaaa Monday!

Ok. Yesterday: one pancake, two slices of cheese, tuna w/avocado in a spinach wrap, thin crust pizza topped with black olives, portobello mushrooms and extra cheese, a hefty shot of hennessey, and orange juice.

Today: Mangu (mashed plantains), fried cheese, scrambled eggs, butternut squash soup, two slices of toast, three little avocado wedges, and mimosas.

That is some light eating for an entire weekend. Geez I feel like I am forgetting something.

Well.

Tomorrow I have to pump up the pace. I am not losing fast enough and while I don't expect to race through this, January is a big month for me and I really, really, truly need to knock out at least 20 by then.

I'm strongly contemplating going hard with Dr. Ian's Extreme Fat Smash. It has worked for me before. For those of you unaware, Dr. Ian is a VH1 personality and also, wait...I will check the book...one sec.

He is a diet expert from Celebrity Fit Club, a medical contributor to The View, a contributing editor for Men's Health and the spokesman for the 50 Million Pound Challenge. I am one of the couch potatoes that purchased his book, Extreme Fat Smash Diet.

Apparently you can lose 12 pounds in 3 weeks. Is it possible? Of course. I am going to try to do it again. I've done it a few times before. I never did the whole three weeks, so I didn't lose the 12. I did see results in a week's time.

I don't know if you want me to go into a whole Fat Smash mode, but I'm not using my blog to put more $$ in Dr. Ian's pocket. If you are interested really, I will blog about it. It is unecessary for you to buy the book. In fact, a good portion of you are my friends, so you can actually borrow the book.

On Fat Smash, you get four meals a day and two snacks. The meals are very precise. My biggest issue is the limited alcohol and coffee. One stinking 8oz cup of coffee for the day and two measly 6oz glasses of wine a week. What the hell? Clearly he wants me to pick up a new vice like smoking.

You are also supposed to exercise. I do that already, so I don't really need to read that part. The coolest thing and uncoolest thing is that I am really good at planning my meals the night before. The reason that is uncool is because it truly knocks the spontanetity out of eating. If I see results, and I mean quick ones, then I will feel better.

I will tell you this: my huge thermos of coffee is NOT changing. I probably won't be drinking wine this week at least at home, because I didn't buy any.

I'm getting sleepy, that's good news because I should be at this point.

I'm going to go put together tomorrow's food....let me give you a looksie. I don't know if I will be back on tomorrow..Mondays, despite being a day that I look forward to are remarkably long.

Meal 1: one egg and one piece of fruit (no banana, pineapple or watermelon) I may cut up a cantalope.

Meal 2: cup of sliced fruit (I have a can in the cabinet)

Meal 3: small salad (I guess spinach, that's all I have)

Meal 4: 1/2 cup of beans and two servings of veggies

Now the snacks...I LOVE SNACKS, BECAUSE THEY MAKE ME FEEL SPECIAL....there is a whole snack section on pages 130-133.

I'm going for the 6 wheat thins with 2 teaspoons of peanut butter and 1/2 small avocado.

Yummy!

If I recall, you wake up, have a snack, workout for 30min, have breakfast, and then a meal every three hours (with the second snack between meals #3 and #4, and another workout at the end of the day.


I did so well blogging this all out, I might have to email myself.

I'm really tired now...blog ya later.

I love me for losing, I'm on my way.

4(40)0

No comments:

Post a Comment